Sunday, May 6, 2012

new co-rep introduction



SAQA-MI co-rep

Hello! I wanted to take a moment to pop in and introduce myself. I already know many of the SAQA Michigan members but for those of I haven't had a chance to meet yet, I thought I'd share a little bit about myself. :)

My name is Lynn Krawczyk. I'm a surface design and textile artist. My work revolves around combining traditional printmaking techniques and combining them with fabric and stitch. Its a marriage of art quilting and collage. I'm happiest when flinging paint around my studio (and hoping that none of it gets in my hair or on my very white dog).

I have written and taught extensively about Thermofax Screen Printing and have had many how-to articles published in Quilting Arts Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors and Sew Somerset. I currently write a regular feature for Quilting Arts Magazine highlighting fiber art groups from across the U.S. and world.

I blog all the time (hope you'll pop by and say hello). Here's an example of my work in case you are interested in seeing what I do:

Remnants Collage 13
18" x 18" on canvas


I'm a pretty casual kind of gal, always open to chatting and discussing ideas and projects. I hope to get to know all of you during my time as co-rep. Anne and I have many ideas to help bring together the state and I hope that you will be up for it!

In the meantime, if you'd like to take a moment to send me a note saying hello and talk a little bit about what you'd like to see happen for SAQA Michigan, I'm all ears!  I check email like its going out style so I'm always available.

Here's the email address in case you don't have it: saqamichigan@gmail.com

Chat soon! :)

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lynn! You'll be an wonderful addition as a rep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love your work
    Mary
    Traverse City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynn for taking this important rep position!
    sue H-H a2

    ReplyDelete